Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

19 Hours to go, but who's counting???

I'm feeling surprisingly emotional about the family arriving tomorrow!

Youngest daughter, Bubbles and her Knight in Shining Armour, made their way to Sydney Airport this afternoon to meet Chicklet for the first time.

Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and Chicklet had a very short stopover of forty minutes in Sydney, before their flight to Brisbane, so Bubbles, who was desperate to meet her first niece, made it her 'mission' to get there.

She sent me a text as they left the airport that read 'SHE'S PERFECT!'

I already knew that :o)

Here is our little girl looking decidedly exhausted after an already big day!

Don't ya just wanna pinch those chubby cheeks!?
I imagine that they will all be exhausted tonight and I hope they sleep well in the motel bed so that they can be fresh for another big day tomorrow.

Whenever I imagine myself seeing them walk through the terminal gates tomorrow, the tears well in my eyes, so I'm afraid I have become a pathetically and uncontrollably emotional grandmother who will soon be an embarrassment to her family.

In seven years I have gone from 'The Terminator' to 'Sooky La La' and I shake my head in disbelief.  It just goes to show that nothing is forever.

Less than nineteen hours to go now, and yes, it's ME who's counting!

1 comment:

eljaih said...

It was a very great mission we accepted, I am soooooooo glad that we got the chance, god knows when i may actually have met her other wise.
Knight in Shinning Armour got bomb tested when we arrived there..
Does he look like a terrorist??