Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Shopped Til We Dropped!

What started out this morning at 9am, as a short trip into The Bay to get a few plants, some vegan ingredients and a nappy bucket, turned into an epic shopping trip that ended with slowing down for school traffic this afternoon!

Veggie garden is under way at last!  After a short drive to the plant nursery on the edge of town, we acquired egg plant, snow peas, beans, rocket, spinach, a few varieties of tomatoes, cucumber, leek, a massive birds eye chilli plant and a STACK of new herbs like basil, sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme and dill, among others!

One honorary placenta tree in the form of an avocado, now waiting for the 'placenta burying date' on Thursday :o)

We decided to have lunch at our favourite lunch spot.  Aquavue, on the water.  The tide was in and sun was glistening on the water and there was a gentle sea breeze.  Perfect.

A visit to Adoring Husband's favourite store ... yes, you guessed it ... Bunnings Hardware, to get tomato stakes and to look for some more veggie seedlings.  Unfortunately, the seedlings arrive on Thursday, so we were two days too early.

It took trips to two different supermarkets, miles apart, to find all of the ten remaining ingredients for the vegan cupcake bonanza baking fest, which now has to be postponed for twenty four hours because we used up the whole day doing other things!  The boys at The Seat of Knowledge will be very disappointed!

Not to mention Adoring Husband, who has been harassing me all night, to go into the kitchen and knock up a batch of the same cookies and cream chocolate cupcakes that I made yesterday!

One more dvd to add to the already massive collection.  Little Fokkers.  One nappy bucket and one changing mat for one very precious little Chicklet.  Six kilos of fresh dog mince.  An unsuccessful visit to a car yard or two, looking for the perfect used car for the perfect new family.

When we arrived home, I sat down to watch the ABC news and the best part of the coverage was a story about the early arrival of the whales at the Gold Coast on their migration north for the Winter!  They are about a month early!  Very exciting!

While a massive black thunderstorm built up over our heads, I made a delicious vegetable quiche for dinner with a crispy skinned baked potato.

I was hoping to capture some lightning shots with the camera, but the storm was too close and too scary looking and I didn't dare set up the tripod on the front porch for fear of getting struck down!

To finish off an already great day, one of my favourite TV shows started a new season tonight.  Australia's Got Talent.

So, we shopped til we dropped and wowsers, Australia has definitely got some talent!!

No comments: