Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

All I can read is blah blah blah!

Ok, so I downloaded the first module in my course and began to read ... but all I could see was 'blah blah blah'.

It's all about the technicalities of cameras.  Lens sizes.  Mega pixels.  Format sizes.  Focal length.  Eighty eight pages of 'blah blah blah'.

I hope it's like golf when you play the first hole and you play like crap.  It's a good thing to get the crap out of the way straight up, then you go on to the good stuff!

Tomorrow, I pick up my new reading glasses, so perhaps the 'blah blah blah' will make better sense when I can see it more clearly through a new lens!

One thing is certain.  I must find myself a quiet little hideaway to study.  A place where Adoring Husband knows is off limits to all things except my creativity!

There is a time to listen to incessant chatter and there is a time to study ... and never the two shall meet!

We made our way to the river this afternoon so that we could be ready for the sunset if it happened.  It certainly wasn't as fiery as last night, but it was still very pretty.



Tomorrow is looking to being a big day starting with the collection of the new glasses, grocery chopping, replacing some shelving in the new oven, visiting a friend in the afternoon and possibly playing tennis with a new group of ladies, if I can squeeze it in.

I should now get some sleep so that I will be re-generated enough to fit everything comfortably into my day.

All I ask is that when I close my eyes to meet the sandman, I don't see or hear the dreaded 'blah blah blah'!

No comments: