Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Foggy Winter Morning

How interesting to wake up this morning to find thick fog blanketing our town!

Shags leaving the river mouth in the fog.
At 7.15am, Adoring Husband and I grabbed our cameras and headed down to the river.  We rushed around taking as many photos as possible, fully expecting that the fog would lift before 8am.  How wrong we were!

A beautiful cobweb above the rocks on the bank of the river.
It was almost 10am before it finally lifted, so we had lots of opportunities right along the bank and then out to the beach to get some interesting photos.

The first time the fog attempted to lift, it provided this beautiful white arch touching the water.
The fog tried to lift two or three times during those three hours, but just as we caught a glimpse of the blue sky, the fog closed in again!

 After the fog closed in for the second time.
There were a good number of people out and about with their cameras, so sometimes it was difficult to take a clear shot without other photographers in view.

A mother kangaroo and the joey in her pouch.  Always an exciting find! 
I think our favourite moment of the morning, was finding this kangaroo with a joey in her pouch.  Unfortunately, the grass was so long that in most shots, it obscured our view of the joey, but I was lucky enough to get a couple of clear-ish photos.

So that was a lovely start to our day.  We finished the day by having a few drinks with friends around a bonfire on an empty block two houses away from us.

It's a very cool night and the fire was great (who doesn't enjoy sitting outside around a fire on a clear, starry night?) but even I began to feel chilled after a couple of hours, so I snuck home and found my warm slippers to thaw out my icy toes!

Now it's time to curl up in bed for some more sleep and I hope that tomorrow brings some more interesting photographic opportunities.

I could possibly spend some quality time snapping away at my Chicklet, instead of relying on Vegan Chickie to take all the great baby shots!

I might just stay snuggled up in bed if it's another foggy Winter morning!

  

No comments: