Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Briefly ... before I turn into a pumpkin.

It's late.  I'm tired.

I've had things to do, people to see, places to go, photos to take, modules to study, baby sign language to learn, sick Adoring Husbands to tend to, programs to install and granddaughters to cuddle!

It was a nice evening with friends at the Bowls Club tonight.  I won $160 on Keno.  We had our own personal taxi service in the Bare-chested Chef, who made himself available to take us there and then unexpectedly have to pick us up.  He's a good man.

I'm looking forward to placing my head on the pillow tonight and drifting off to attend to some sweet dreams.

I apologise for this token effort and I hope to make up for it tomorrow, but it's after midnight and I feel myself turning into a pumpkin!

Good night to all and to all a good night :o)

No comments: