Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Hullo Out There!!!?

The caravan parks are full.

The holiday rental homes are full.

My shop has not been full 😳

Sales have been steady but nothing like I expected.

Very strange.

This time last year we were closed due to Covid and we were all in isolation so the usual holiday makers couldn’t leave their homes.

They are back this year feeling very grateful to have the freedom to do so, but annoyed that masks are compulsory attire - I know how they feel.

The Gypsy and I decided to run the meditation class tomorrow with reduced class numbers and with everyone wearing a mask. Hopefully, by next week, the mask rule will be dropped, but I have a sneaking suspicion that The Gypsy is about to pull the pin on meditation.

She is in the process of moving to Dallarnil (west of Childers) and it’s a 2 hour round trip. That’s a long way for a 61yr old with health issues and if she’s kind to herself, running a free meditation class an hour from home is not the right thing to do.

We’ve discussed this possibility a number of times in the last 4 or 5 months and she knows that even though I’ll be really sad to lose her and the classes, I’m ok with her decision. 

Wait and see.

Last night before I went to sleep, I did some more doodling/sketching/playing ...

I was going to do some more tonight but it’s already 10.30pm and I have to get up early in the morning.

Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: