Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, April 10, 2021

Arted Out

A busy and good morning in the shop.

Probably a bit above average for a Saturday where our markets are on.

Adoring Husband arrived early to man the shop for me so that I could leave for my art class, but my lift arrived 15 minutes late THEN sat in the car punching the address where we were going, into the GPS, so we actually started driving at 12.50pm which was ten minutes before the class was due to start.

The class was 40 minutes away 😳

My driver, Mz Merc, apologised for being late and in the same sentence said “I’m always late” like it was a badge of honour.

Good to know for future reference!

The class actually waited for us before they started and of course this meant that the class finished later than planned. Adoring Husband came to pick me up at 5pm but the class didn’t finish til 6pm.

The butterfly effect.

ANYWAY ... the class was fun!

Charcoal drawing is quite a bit more difficult than I expected. There are many layers of work involved and spraying each layer with a fixative before doing the next layer.

Even after the first three layers, it still doesn’t look like the pic that you’re drawing. It’s not til the final 2 layers that the details get added and it begins to look like something interesting.

It’s VERY messy work!

I’m not sure that it’s my cup of tea, but I’ll play some more before I decide.

We practiced the layering technique on an apple first ...

Then took the scary step of creating our giraffe on a big board ...

It hurt my brain 😳

Maybe that was the wine!

The organisers provided nibbles AND there were GF options which were delicious! bonus!

All 12 of the ladies in attendance were lovely and supportive and talented so I felt completely comfortable as soon as I walked in. The teacher and her assistant were positive and encouraging.



I had a good time.

And now I need to rest my weary brain and get some sleep because I have a party to attend in the morning (another Lorraine Lea) and I’m yawning just thinking about it.

Nite all.

No comments: