Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, April 5, 2021

Reverse the Plan

My original plan was to open the shop today (Monday) but the weather forecast was so bad and the predicted heavy rain and winds scared me off.

Sunday’s rain kept everyone away and I figured heavier weather wouldn’t change things so I posted on Facebook that I would be closed and made a sign for Adoring Husband to put inside the front door.

Things changed overnight and the weather cleared somewhat so at 9.40 this morning I changed my mind AGAIN and decided to open.

I’m glad I did.

The last hour was very quiet and I was pacing the floor counting the minutes so that could come home at 2pm and participate in a photography challenge that was posted in Facebook. The challenge was posted at 1pm and was open for two hours so I thought if I got home soon after 2pm I would have enough time to squeeze something in.

At precisely 1.56pm, two elderly ladies walked through the door.

Ugh 🥴

It was 2.15pm when they left and it was 2.20pm by the time we locked the door behind us.

We had to stop at the supermarket so by the time we arrived home, the photography challenge was off the table.

We sat down with some nibbles and watched the old 1965 movie “The Great Race” before the football started.

Right now, the rain is pelting down and by the look of the BOM, it will rain for most of the night, which is lovely.

By the way ... still no baby ... seven days overdue and she has a checkup appointment tomorrow (Tuesday). Watch this space.

I purposely did nothing extra at work today because working for two weeks without a break is already more than I’m used to so I’m being kind to myself and taking it easy where I can.




I’m going to bed now to watch MAFS and then fall asleep to the sound of rain.

Nite all.

No comments: