Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, April 9, 2021

Tyre Kicking

It was another good day of sales but there were also a LOT of tyre kickers.

I opened the shop at 8am today because Adoring Husband was taking the car into The Bay early for a service, so I took advantage of him and his macho abilities before he left and he did all the heavy lifting and carrying for me ... as he does.

I feel like I didn’t stop all day but I cannot for the life me tell you what I achieved.

After we closed the shop, I came home and made a bottle of pina colada to take with me to Blonde Bombshell’s house where a few of us were meeting for drinks. In the end, there were only three of us but it was a good afternoon nonetheless.

Friday night is AH’s chicken nibble night so I didn’t have to worry about cooking. I’d only had one glass of my concoction and that, combined with my busy day, left me feeling very very tired.

I am now in bed watching the Penrith Panthers vs Canberra Raiders NRL game. I’m not sure I’ll be able to stay awake for it all.

Bubbles messaged me this evening and made tentative arrangements to visit us after Mother’s Day in May/June. That makes me very happy 😊 

April, May, June will be big months for us.

I’m excited about tomorrow because AH is going to man the shop for the last 30 minutes so that I can attend an art workshop in The Bay ...


Looks like a nice location for creating art!

I’ll be taking my bottle of Riccadonna and spending 4 hours with like minded women relaxing and getting my art on.

I think it’s time to sleep now.


PS. NOT getting naked with you girls lol

Nite all.

No comments: