Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Happy Day

Last night (Tuesday 6th) while I was creating my blog post, Vegan Chickie was very quickly giving birth to my new grandchild ...

7lb 6oz

49cm long

8 days past her due date

Hazel Joan Griffin Hodder

Perfect

Mum and Bub healthy and happy.

Dad floating on cloud 9

Sister jumping for joy.

This grandmother very teary and emotional 

While I was waiting to hear the good news, I kept myself occupied with this ...

And then after I received the happy news, I was too hyped up to sleep and it was well after 2am when I finally fell asleep and my alarm went off at 5.30am to get ready for meditation.

As you can imagine, it’s been a long day.

A long BUSY day as finally holiday sales have exploded and I was run off my feet until the last hour of the day!

I’m exhausted and ready for some deep sleep.

Nite all.


No comments: