Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Day One = Exhausted

Crazy day on Saturday preparing the shop for the ceiling repairs and carpet cleaning while we're away.

Our flight to Sydney arrived in The Bay early, left The Bay early and arrived in Sydney 25 minutes earlier than scheduled!

Win.

The weather was horrible ... black skies, heavy rain and strong winds, making for an uncomfortable landing.

Bearable.

Caught a taxi from the airport to our motel which cost $62!!!

Lose!

We are in the same room as last year with lovely views over the harbour.

Win.

We found the perfect restaurant right next door with delicious food, imperfect wait staff who offer us free desserts to counteract any unhappiness.

Win.

Went to sleep at 1am.

Lose.

The room was too warm, not enough pillows, slept poorly - probably overtired.

Lose.

Nice cooked breakfast for an extra dollar. Bacon, sausages, boiled egg, hash browns, GF toast, fruits, coffee etc

Win.

Nice easy walk to the convention centre, no rain, comfortable shoes, small crowds, good start to the morning with a workshop on social media.

Win.

We've paced ourselves and not spent all our money in the first hour like last year!

Win.

Found some nice stuff to put on our wish list and make orders tomorrow.

Win.

Feet got really sore in the last hour.

Lose.

Met up with one of The Motivator's friends from 'The Journey' work and had dinner with her at the same restaurant that we ate at last night. Got a discount on her Accor card.

Win.

Body seized up like an old farm tractor and we literally shuffled home at 10pm.

Lose.

Booked on line to have my computer repaired while I'm here. Couldn't get into the Apple Genius Store, so am trying another Apple approved store - not feeling as confident.

Disappointed.

I actually found the motivation and the brain power to create this blog post for all of my loyal fans - haha - ok one or two loyal fans - you know who you are!

Win.

It's after midnight and I am absolutely exhausted, my body is aching, my brain is not functioning as it should and I'm already looking forward to an early night tomorrow night.

Nite all.

No comments: