Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 28, 2019

I'm Back!

As I write this, I’m sitting in the plane waiting to leave Sydney.

I am alone in a row of three seats and once again I’m thinking about how lucky I am and how perfectly my day has progressed thus far.

As you know, from yesterday’s post, I didn’t sleep until well after midnight. In fact, it was 12.49am when I last looked at my watch and I had set my alarm for 5.15am šŸ˜³

I woke, without the alarm, at 5.07am.

I knew it was going to be a good day because I really dislike being woken from my sleep - especially by an alarm. It doesn’t matter what kind of sound I use for my alarm because even a gentle awakening is still disturbing my lovely sleep.

So I turned off the alarm before it sounded and began to ready myself. Last night, I had packed everything but today’s clothes, my toiletries and my device chargers so it was an easy and relaxing start to the day.

After big goodbye hugs with The Motivator, I left the room 15 minutes early to wait for my 6.30 shuttle bus šŸšŽ and to my surprise, it was already waiting for me at the door!

The very friendly and obliging driver, Henry, took my bag and lifted it into the bus and since I was the sole occupant, I had my choice of seats. He didn’t pick up anyone else on the journey and we made quick time because we literally got EVERY green light along the way!

Unheard of in Sydney!

I did a short meditation šŸ§˜‍♀️ in the bus and thanked the universe for providing such a wonderful start to my day šŸ˜

I paid Henry and thanked him as he lifted my luggage onto the footpath.

Inside the check-in area, I discovered that I needed to tag my own bag before checking in, which I had never done before, but after following the instructions at the computer terminal, it told me that my reservation could not be found.

Somewhat concerning šŸ¤”

But not for long, as a staff member offered to help and took me to her monitor where she found my information, printed out my tag and my boarding pass and sent me on my way to the shortest queue in the history of Sydney Domestic airport.

Next, was the daunting task of passing through security.

By the time my turn came to place my items in the tray, there were no trays left in my queue. Fortunately, a kind man in the queue beside me noticed my situation and passed across three trays from his pile - exactly the number I required!

Despite being heavily jewelled up with bling, I passed through the scanner without incident, while the men before and after me had to strip off considerably to finally get the ‘all clear’. I told them both that this was the only time I ever felt sorry for men.

They laughed politely.

I was feeling pretty chirpy by now, with everything going so smoothly and I decided to continue my morning in a positive way and I ordered a ‘young blood’ juice from Joe’s Juice. Celery, apple and lemon. Perfect.

I gave Adoring Husband a quick call to let him know where I was, ordered a delicious coffee that came quickly.

Airport shopping was very much on my agenda, but the only thing I found was a lovely bamboo outfit, which, at airport prices was a little too steep for my liking. Especially after my extravagance at the gift fair. Comfortable with my decision, I decided to find a quiet corner in my waiting area and enjoy some peace and quiet.

It was quiet for a while. There was a young man with a baby in a pouch attached to him and a young girl around the age of 7 or 8 sitting beside him. All was going nicely until the baby began to cry.

The crying got louder as he attempted to placate her. The baby became frantic and I considered offering some assistance, but figured ... you know ... he’s a man. Deal with it.

After about ten minutes, his young wife appeared. I didn’t hear what he said to her but I heard her say “Don’t get the shits with me! I’m allowed to go to the toilet. Get over yourself and deal with it!”

Phwoar! Good on her!

Just before we were called to board our plane, I decided to use the bathroom and as I walked across the hallway, she was walking, alone, towards me, so I paused as we neared each other and said “Well done for putting him in his place earlier!” She smiled widely and thanked me.

We all boarded the plane and I was supposed to go via the rear steps but decided to enter through the front door instead. My legs have had enough exercise this week! Nobody questioned me and I quickly found my seat.

I sat and waited for the seats beside me to fill, but nobody came and now I am comfortably sprawled with my devices and my bag and my water and my tea. No need to be mindful of anyone else’s comfort. How lovely!

I can’t imagine how my day could get any better. The universe has taken good care of me.

I have had a crazy, busy, educational, inspirational and tiring week which I have enjoyed very much, but there is no place like home and very soon, that’s exactly where I’ll be!

*Later*

Adoring Husband was waiting for me at the airport and I arrived five minutes late after an uneventful flight. We drove directly to The Happy Abode. 

The carpet cleaners have worked their magic while we've been in Sydney and there is much to reorganise and rearrange. Furniture has been moved, stock has been lifted off the floor and piled onto tables and the training room was and still is a bit of a nightmare.

We spent about 90 minutes removing sheets off the display cabinets and tables (they were for protection while the ceiling holes were repaired) partly clearing the training room, removing stands and stock from The Gypsy's treatment room, removing signs and chairs from the bathroom, replacing the floor mat in the lounge corner, tidying displays etc.

There is still much to do, but I was totally OVER it and feeling bloody tired after only 4 hours of sleep, so we came home to put our feet up. I didn't even have the energy to make dinner, so AH made us some toast.

This was tonight's sunset and all I could summon the energy to do was take a photo, with my phone, through the bedroom window.



I'm so done now ... sleep for me.

Home sweet home

Nite all.

No comments: