Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Day Three - Mentally Exhausted

We left our room quite a bit later than planned this morning so we missed breakfast, grabbed a Boost juice and hurried to the convention centre to attend the Instagram Masterclass which was AMAZING.


Maggie Kreo, the presenter, was warm and engaging and threw a few swear words in to keep us real and laughing. She gave us some fabulous insights into Instagram and social media, including tips on posting for business purposes and building a customer base and 'followers'.

We left there feeling motivated and ready to take on the world!

Except we were hungry, so first, we needed sustenance!

We found a different cafe on our level which sold delicious GF salmon, rice and salad, a chocolate Jaffa cake and fresh juices. Bonus!

Needless to say, it was 1pm before we even began our continued trek through the remaining stalls.

We were waylaid by a psychic who literally pounced on The Motivator to tell her how amazing she was and then proceeded to predict her future. We must have been standing there chatting with her for more than half an hour.

We made some orders and took lots more information from other stall holders. Our budget has certainly reined us in this year and it's been difficult to choose who to order from now and who to hold off til later. Tough decisions, but we're still working well as a team and we have officially run out of money.

🤪

By the end of the day, my brain had completely turned to mush and I was totally 'peopled' out and needed to withdraw and shut down for a while. The Motivator, on the other hand, was wound up ready to pull another six hour shift, so she sorted through all our paperwork and we calculated how much money we had spent, decided who we would order from on the last day, who we would discard completely and who would go on the wait list.

We did this in the outdoor area of our motel as we tried to hear each other over the loud voices of some people with disabilities who were enjoying the views with their carer as the sun set.

Some time after 8pm we made our way to our room and what followed was a concentrated effort of going through catalogues and selecting items to order, then culling from the very long lists as we calculated our further spending.

At 11.30pm I suggested that we stop and go to bed - here I am writing this post very late and requiring toothpicks to keep my eyelids open.

My personal purchases for the day ...

Citrine bracelet

Magnesite meditation beads

Yellow Calcite wand
   
We stopped at a very busy outdoor cafe/bar on our way home and ordered some fresh juice concoctions and a beef salad that had pumpkin, beetroot, rocket and quinoa. A very nice meal. I had some leftover Jaffa cake with a cup of tea when I got back to the room.

Only five more minutes and it will be midnight.

Good Lord.

Nite all.

No comments: