Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 25, 2019

Day Two = Equally Exhausted

This was us at the start of the day ...


... and this is us at the end of the day



we couldn't take a photo of our heads at the end of the day because we were too exhausted and sore!

These were my personal purchases for yesterday ...



The blue is blue kyanite - the stone of 'intuition' and the yellow is citrine - the stone of wealth and abundance.

... and this is an example of what may be in The Happy Abode's future (a little bit down the track) ...


Dinner tonight was roasted Peking duck with garlic butter broccoli accompanied by a Margarita for me and a Golden Dream for The Motivator.

It was nice to be back in our room by about 8pm but I see that it's already approaching 11pm as I sit here yawning and feeling every bit my age.

Believe it or not, we are still only at the halfway mark of the first level!! We do have two days remaining though, so hopefully we'll make it to the end. The second level is not so important because it's mostly home wares - although it is nice to browse that section.

We've made some good contacts and we have an 'Instagram Masterclass' to attend tomorrow which will take up two hours of our time in the morning. Should be interesting though.

Anyway, time to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: