Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 1, 2019

Um ... Hullo?

Excuse me world ... The Happy Abode is open for business ... have you all forgotten where we are?

Actually, all the businesses in town have made comment about how quiet it is. It's this time of year where we all question our existence and wonder if things will ever improve.

This too shall pass.

Even though our display areas were covered with sheets while the holes in the ceiling were being repaired, I discovered today that there is LOTS of white dust covering everything, so I spent the day dusting the flat surfaces AND the stock. I'm only about 1/3 of the way done, but ... small steps.

I've already sold some of the new stock! I've got a feeling that the sphere cages and the spheres are not going to last very long. Must take photos tomorrow so that you know what I'm talking about.

Some older stock has now found a new location in the store and I've made way for some of the new stock when it arrives.

There is still much to do!

The Brains Trust came for a visit this morning and provided a fresh coffee. She had to spend some time waiting in the lounge area while I served a customer and then I waited while two others decided to not buy anything.

We had a nice half hour or so chatting and laughing - I think there may have been a snort in there too.

Beauty came a little later in the day, so I was definitely feeling the love.

Adoring Husband helped me close the shop and I had made the decision to stay home from the club tonight but then remembered that there was some planning to do for next week with the girls.

Because it was getting late, I decided to wear my new dress. It was just hanging there in my wardrobe  out in the open, all by itself saying to me "If you don't wear me soon, I will end up on the floor of the wardrobe for a year and in the Salvos bin before you know it!"

So I wore it and got lots of nice comments - even from strangers!

There were no winnings tonight. Not for any one of the ten of us. We were all a bunch of losers!

But we had each other and that makes us winners 🤩🤩🤩

I was lucky enough to snag the last seat on the bus and was home by about 7.40pm. Adoring Husband had prepared dinner so while I changed into my pyjamas, he brought my dinner out to the lounge room and I sat down to put my feet up and enjoy some good food.

Now it's time for bed. I had a glorious 7 solid hours of sleep last night ... didn't even need to get up and pee during the night! (Too much information?)

Nite all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...



Remembering Jamie. Love grannymus x