Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Where Am I? Who Am I?

Day Four and we are done and dusted.

This was us at the start of the day ...


Our heads and hearts and bodies have come to a standstill and all motivation has left the building - except for the motivator who seems to have, during a 20 minute nap, replaced her dying batteries and has found a new lease on life.

I'll have what she's having!!

Little Tassie Devil she is!

Quick calculation ... yes we have overspent ... ugh ... but nowhere near as much as last year. If only they didn't all charge so much for shipping, we would have come very close to budget.

So now we need to have some good sales next week to make sure there is enough money to pay for all of our orders!

We stopped briefly for a little fun ...


They kicked us out the doors at 3pm and we dragged our tired butts to the nearest outdoor cafe where we ordered two sharing platters - prawn lollipops and octopus salad ...


... along with two fresh juices.

It was so nice to take a load off our feet and sit in their comfy lounge chairs while we munched away on the delicious fare that they prepared.

This is what an exhausted Reed Gift Fair customer looks like after four days of chasing new suppliers!


We trudged our way home and The Motivator had a 20 minute nap while I packed my suitcase ready for departure tomorrow.

I had earlier decided that I wouldn't eat dinner tonight, but at 8.30pm we decided that a late dinner was definitely an option, so firstly we checked out Uber Eats, but there were too many restaurants to choose from, so we made ourselves partially presentable and headed out the door. On the way, I stopped at the desk to book the shuttle bus for 6.30am (the only time available) and then we walked the long verandah, then over the foot bridge to the plaza nearby.

We checked the first restaurant which was a burger place and not surprisingly had nothing GF, then across the way, we found a restaurant called Rashays with lots of amazing looking GF options. We took our seat and ordered what looked like a banquet of Avocado chicken with chips and salad and lamb ribs with sweet potato chips and salad.

We shared our plates of food and then shared a pavlova ...


It was divine!

On the return trip to our room, we stopped at the Instagram setup in the foyer of the hotel and while I was attempting to take a photo of The Motivator, a gentleman asked us if we'd like a photo taken together, which we gleefully accepted.


You can certainly tell how tired we are in this one!

Anyway, it's after midnight and I have to be awake in 5 hours!

Nite all.

No comments: