Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Time Flies

My first baby, Jamie, died on this day 40 years ago. How time flies.

Thank you Grannymus for remembering, as you always do. Much love to you.

It was a reasonably good day, for a Saturday, at The Happy Abode with a stead flow of customers for the first two hours, but incredibly quiet for the second two hours.

This gave me time to do some more dusting and rearranging, clearing one of the bigger display stands in preparation for receiving the new stock.



The Gypsy's room is now completely clear of the stock that we stored there while the carpets were being done.

I priced all of the new stock that I'd brought back with me from Sydney and displayed it today too. Sold two of the necklaces already!

Adoring Husband hung two of the art display shelves in the training room.

We were home by 2pm and I went straight outside to the Bali hut and lay down on the lounge with my iPad. Adoring Husband set up the music and within about twenty minutes, I was curled up asleep. I dozed on and off for about an hour listening to the grass on the roof blowing in the strong breeze.

I returned inside late in the afternoon and began watching a Netflix series with AH called "The Umbrella Academy". AH slept through most of the three episodes that we watched and I began catching up on 'Married at First Site' during the third episode.

I'm feeling incredibly tired now so it's off to bed for me.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Nite all.

No comments: