Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 22, 2019

All Gone Away

We were up at stupid o'clock this morning to take Bubbles to the train station so that she could travel to the Sunny Coast to spend a week with her bestie before returning to Sydney to start her new job.

It was a pleasant morning drive and it wasn't too windy, but the temperature had dropped to a cooler and more acceptable number.

The train was only 5 minutes late and Bubbles arrived at her destination pretty much on time.

Meanwhile, we returned home, Knight in Shining Armour finished packing and spent some quality time with the psychotic dogs who were already missing Bubbles.

We left home at 8.45am and even though KISA was happy for us to drop him at the airport, Adoring Husband decided that we would park the car and have a coffee with KISA in the terminal cafe.

I was almost certain that the flight would be cancelled because by 10am the wind was absolutely crazy. We left KISA well before his flight and planned to spend some time in The Bay, so if the flight was cancelled at the last minute, we wouldn't be too far away to return and bring him home.

His flight had been delayed at the Sydney end so it left The Bay about 30 minutes later than planned. He informed me that even though the take off felt blustery, the flight was fine, so he arrived home safe n sound.

AH and I drove into The Bay and decided to have breakfast at Dan and Steph's on the Esplanade.  We've eaten there before and enjoyed it so we were expecting more of the same.

We sat out the front of the cafe and even though the winds were strong, they weren't affecting the eating area, although at one point the very heavy sign that was hanging nearby, came flying off the hooks and landed about 15cm from AH's foot. THAT could have been a disaster! But it wasn't.

We both ordered the same meal - it was almost a nachos - a big bowl with home made corn chips, char grilled corn, friend beans, pulled pork, avocado, cherry tomatoes, capsicum sticks, coriander and sour cream. It was supposed to be GF.

I don't think it was.

We had to drop some paperwork into our financial advisor's office, but before the lift doors even opened to take us to their floor, my stomach began doing loop the loops and churning the way it does when I eat gluten. The pain doubled me over at one stage. I spent a considerable amount of time in the nearest bathroom before we could eventually drop off our paperwork.

It was an uncomfortable drive home and I felt so poorly, I went straight to bed and there I slept for 90 minutes.

It has been 3 weeks since I spent a Friday night at the club for the raffle night and both AH and I intended on being there tonight, but I didn't have the energy.

I am still in bed as I write this!

The wind and the new Bali hut has caused us some extra work in the last 24 hours. All the loose grass from the roof of the hut has been blowing off in the strong winds and of course, going directly into the pool!

We see this as a good thing. Strong winds for a few days will clean the roof of all the loose stuff and instead of having a few months of gradual grass thinning, it will be over in one hit!

All of our furniture has been packed into the pool room, the umbrella has been wound down and tied safely, the water feature has been tied to the fence (it is yet to be secured to it's final position) and the Bali bed has been secured with special locks to the bamboo fence.

So while cyclone Oma idles over 600kms from us, her strong wind gusts are causing a bit of grief by creating 12 metre waves in some coastal areas, causing beach erosion along most of our coastline, bringing incredibly high tides to the beaches and river mouths and the windy conditions are generally making life uncomfortable - which is preferable to her making landfall and causing catastrophic damage of course.

I just hope that the winds die down a little so that The Motivator and I can fly out of The Bay tomorrow without drama!

We are looking forward to our time in Sydney and shopping at the gift fair for new and different stock  to display and sell in the shop!

I think I need some more sleep now - help my body recover properly before we fly out.

Nite all.


No comments: