Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Another Day Gone

I can't believe that eleven days have gone 'just like that'!

Only three more sleeps and the house will be empty - especially for Adoring Husband because I'll be leaving for Sydney (weather permitting) on Saturday.

Today was another full one, which started with the girls for coffee. We were a bit light on and only four of us in attendance, including The Motivator and myself.

Adoring Husband, Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour picked me up at 10am and we drove to Howard to visit Vancootens, a haberdashery come gift store just fifteen minutes from here.

They sell a few of the same items as The Happy Abode, but are more expensive than us. The shop is not as packed or cramped as I remember it from when I visited five or six years ago. We bought some tea towels.

From there, we drove to "Australiana Cottage Crafts and Herb Farm" where I purchased an iPad pillow, a leadlight peace sign and two garden ornaments - a frog and a turtle.

Bubbles took these photos in the gardens ...





Coffee was our next priority, so The Coffee Club at Stocklands was our destination.  Bubbles and I purchased a healthy juice from 'Boost' while the boys satisfied their caffeine  addictions.

We did a quick Kmart run, followed by a drive to Nana's Pantry to replenish my stocks of nuts so that I can make some toffee nuts for the kids to take with them when they leave on Friday.

We did lunch at the waterpark again, though it wasn't quite as nice as the other day - different staff on duty.

I needed a new orange flag for my trike so we visited a mobility cart establishment to purchase one of those and then drove home.

An order of chicken was awaiting us at the butcher so we picked that up on the way.

We could hear the pool beckoning us as we drove in the garage so we unpacked the car and then all took a dip in the very cool water before I started dinner.

Now, I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed to rejuvenate before another big day in The Bay with Bubbles tomorrow.

Nite all.


No comments: