Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 17, 2019

What a Day!

Saturday was such a big day, with barely a moment to stop and take a breath.

We decided to take a drive to Childers.

Knight in Shining Armour has a real 'thing' for Op Shops and Childers has a couple of good ones, plus a Dimmeys AND a 'Dollars and Sense' store.

They LOVE a bargain!

Childers also has an amazing shoe shop, which was our first stop for the morning.

I tried three or four pairs and the only pair that I loved was not available in my size - BUT - the lady in charge said that next month, when I return with the girls, they will have taken a big delivery of new stock.

*happy dance*

After we visited the Op Shop and Dimmeys, we wandered across the road to the sit down cafe 'Kape`' where we intended to have coffee, but when I spotted the GF waffles on the menu, it was all over for me!


Adoring Husband, who had never eaten a waffle before, totally enjoyed his meal and even though it wasn't quite as good as the Montville version, it was still delicious and I would definitely order that again.

We decided, on the way home, to make a stop at Bamboo Land.

AH had to purchase some more oil to paint the bamboo fence - which protects and rejuvenates it.

We had a little wander around but didn't get to see much so I think we'll take the time this week to return and really look around.





There is no pic of Bubbles because she declined the opportunity to be my subject.

The bamboo was amazing blowing in the wind with the stems creaking and cracking and the leaves swishing and rustling - so tall and almost majestic.


We had to return home and prepare for Best Cousin in the World and Marco Polo.

I made a mayonnaise, a coleslaw, a rice dish, an avocado dip and a garden salad, keeping the tomatoes separate because BCITW doesn't like tomatoes. I baked two trays of potato discs in the oven and AH cooked the steaks, sausages and onion on the barbecue.

After dinner, we played Twenty Questions. AH and I won all three games because we are AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT!

Much alcohol was consumed by some and it got loud - apologies to our neighbours who may have been taken by surprise by the unusual activity that was happening in our outdoor area!

I got to spend a quiet hour with BCITW before bed, which was nice, and it was after midnight when I crawled into bed ... hence NO blog post last night!

This morning, I only got up to say goodbye to BCITW and Marco Polo then I returned to bed until lunch time. AH brought my coffee and some toast for breakfast and I decided to go for a swim after lunch.

Bubbles and I spent quite some time in the water and we played catch with the new ball that we bought in Childers. Luckily AH stayed in the area because our ball skills left a lot to be desired and he spent a lot of time retrieving our wayward throws!

This afternoon I made some GF chocolate cupcakes and some toffee nuts.

Dinner was three different meals - spaghetti bolognese for AH, 4kgs of potatoes made into baked discs for Bubbles and KISA and melted cheese on GF bread rolls for me. Dessert was a cupcake.

I made the decision to spend my night watching MKR and writing my blog post so that I can have an early night.

So thank you for listening/reading.

Nite all.

No comments: