Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 15, 2019

Zawsted

Translation: Exhausted

This morning, we, according to Knight in Shining Armour, had the best fun so far.

We drove to the driving range with a handful of clubs in the back of the car, purchased two large buckets of golf balls and then we four proceeded to belt the balls into the middle of the range - the boys aiming for the car shell situated at the 175 metre mark.

Bubbles had never hit a golf ball before but did very well to hit most of the balls.

Adoring Husband was belting the crapoli out of the balls and mostly hit them way past the car.

KISA was doing a good job too but mostly watching AH in awe.

Considering it's been about five years since I hit a golf ball, I was very happy with my effort. Most of my balls went long and straight, but by jingoes my body is complaining this evening! Ankles, knees, hips, back, arms and hands ... all reminding me what I did today.

Bending over 60 times to place a golf ball on a tee and then swinging 60 times to hit said ball.

Tomorrow could be telling.

From there, we drove to Pialba and did some shopping at Go Girl, Big W, Coles and Rockmans (not me). I found some beautiful shoes at Shoe Frenzy, but it was their last pair of this particular style and one of the jewelled buttons on one of the shoes was flawed, so I chose to leave the shoes on the shelf.

We then drove to a nearby op shop where I purchased an $8 dress for wearing over my bathers by the pool.

We were starving and it was almost 2pm so we drove to the fish and chip cafe at the water park.

If we had seen the cafe behind it, AH and I may have opted to eat there, but we only noticed the fish and chip shop, so we asked if they did any gluten free meals. They do GF crumbed fish and their chips are also GF, so AH and I ordered crumbed Snapper with chips.

The chips were crunchy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. The crumb on the fish was delicious and the fish was perfectly cooked. I will definitely eat there again, but the furniture was not very comfortable and the area not very comfortable or clean so I wouldn't recommend it for our luncheons.

We bought a coffee from the cafe next door before we departed the area and it was also delicious.

It was after 3.30pm when we arrived home. I unpacked all the groceries and then checked to see if my workshop participants had responded to my messages about the weekend. None of them had, so I followed up, but I've only heard back from one of them.

So now I've decided to cancel the workshop and since I already have some names for March, I'll make that class a bit bigger.

This gives me more time to play with the kids on their holiday.

Best Cousin in the World is coming for the night on Saturday. We'll be having a barbecue and she and Marco will get to see and use the new pool area and we'll probably play some games like 20 questions or trivia or cards against humanity.

I did a quick chicken curry for dinner - I didn't have any because I was still full from lunch!

The rest of the family ate like they hadn't eaten for a week!

Right now, we are watching our first rugby league game for the season and it's made us hungry for the beginning of the 2019 season.

I think I'll be in bed early to help my body recover from today's club swinging.

Nite all.

No comments: