Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 10, 2019

So It Begins

I knew that today was going to be BIG.

I woke up feeling concerned about the possible outcomes for today, knowing that there would be a lot happening with a group of people who have never worked together before, most of whom don't have construction experience, but do have a good heart and a willingness to assist.

I took the time to do two meditations to give myself a positive mindset to start the day and I wrote in my gratitude journal to show how grateful I am for all the love and care that people were bringing to the day and to make sure that I stayed calm and positive through whatever was going to happen.

This happened ...


There were five men in my back yard beginning the construction of our Bali hut.

It was such a hot day and they all worked with enthusiasm until noon and got so much more done than Adoring Husband expected. He was very surprised and happy with the progress and very grateful for such wonderful help.

Only one small mistake occurred, which apparently, was easily fixed.

I pedalled to the shop mid morning to buy enough food to feed and nourish the boys after all the sweat and toil. I fed them sandwiches and fruit and they drank a whole slab of water bottles.

They were still smiling and laughing when they left so that's gotta be a good sign.

Needless to say there was a bit of sunburn that required treatment this evening. Knight in Shining Armour and Bubbles were plastered twice with the gel from my aloe vera plant which grows like crazy in a big pot in the back yard.

Aside from the construction work, we also spent a LOT of time IN the pool.

I made up a batch of butter chicken and rice for dinner with papadums on the side. It went down a treat. The kids and I played twenty questions and AH headed to bed early.

I can't believe it's 11pm already and I have to work tomorrow!

This is my bowl of crystals by the pool ...


There are 3 x rose quartz, a blue kyanite, a citrine, a selenite and an amethyst.

Nite all.

No comments: