Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 9, 2019

Arty Farty

It was a busy morning in the shop! Much busier than our average Saturday morning for quite some time!

The Motivator was running a "paint pouring" workshop in the training room which was sounding like a lot of fun from where I was working.

Later in the morning, when things had died down, Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour appeared. Bubbles did some shopping in The Happy Abode and then they walked to the supermarket to get coffee for Adoring Husband and I.

While they were gone, the workshop participants finished their pieces of art and had all left, when The Motivator asked "Do you want to come make some art with me Roz?"

"Do I??!!?? ABSOLUTELY!"

So she took me into the training room and began explaining what we were going to do, when Bubbles and KISA returned. Bubbles was invited to join us and KISA offered to take AH's coffee home to him.

Just as The Motivator began explaining again, her friend, Purple Fairy arrived at the shop! She too was invited to join us and she accepted.

Meanwhile, the shop remained open for the next two hours while we played arty farty games.

These were our results ...
Mine


Bubbles


Purple Fairy


The Motivator


I thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. Not a single customer came through the door during that time, so we got to totally focus on our art. I think we were all pretty happy with our work.

It was really nice of Purple Fairy to give Bubbles a lift home because it was a stinking hot day, and I rode my trike home.

We arrived to find the four corner posts of the Bali hut in place! AH and KISA had been hard at work while we were being arty.

We've organised for four burly men to help us construct the rest of the hut tomorrow (Sunday) morning. I'm a bit excited.

Everybody but me went for a swim late this afternoon.

Tonight we enjoyed an early dinner of fish and chips from the cafe. It will be closing on Monday for twelve days, so we had to fit in a takeaway splurge before it was too late.

That was followed by a mean game of twenty questions before exhaustion set in for AH and he headed to bed. KISA chose Netflix as his companion of choice for the remainder of the evening and Bubbles was on her phone the last time I looked.

Me ... watching 'Pretty Woman' for the umpteenth time and still loving it while writing this blog post. I've put the psychotic dogs to bed and now it's time for me to sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: