Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Woeful Wednesday

What a horrible start to the day!

Instead of pressing 'snooze' when my alarm went off at 6 this morning, I accidentally turned the alarm off and fell back asleep until 7.30am!! When I opened my eyes, I looked at my phone to find a message from The Gypsy to say that she wasn't attending meditation!

This totally put me into panic mode because I'm always at the shop early enough to open the doors and let everyone in. It gives The Motivator leeway and depending on what she's got happening, she can choose whether to attend meditation or not.

I knew that with only 15 minutes to get ready, I would not make it to meditation this morning or get to the shop on time to open the doors, so I quickly messaged The Motivator to make sure she could get there.

Having a full house for meditation over the past few weeks, I felt sick to the stomach that I was letting the team down and my brain went into 'scramble mode'. The Motivator, at such short notice, was going to have to run the meditation class on her own.

😳

Not that it's a problem, because she has done it before and is good at it, but having had all those lovely days off, it's horrible to have to come back to work and face this semi stressful situation before the day even begins.

I sent through the song that she needed to end the class with and then my brain shut down, I fell into denial and I hibernated for the morning so that I didn't have to face the world in any way, shape or form.

Totally the opposite of how my meditation mornings usually leave me feeling.

After lunch, while Adoring Husband was clearing out one of the bedrooms, I washed some clothes, took some dry washing off the line, folded and put away - such a tedious job. When will The Jetson's laundry service come true?

Jetsons chores

I prepared dinner early because we had to attend trivia tonight. We picked up The Blonde Bombshell on the way and we were the Fab Five again.

There were 16 teams and we surprisingly came 6th - I say 'surprisingly' because our scores were pretty bad tonight. I won a bottle of wine for getting the 'Who Am I?' answer which was Leonardo Di Caprio. In six rounds, we usually get a perfect score for one of them, but not tonight.

Ah well, at least we got a few snorts of laughter from The Brains Trust - that's always how we measure a good time!

Now it's well after midnight and I am going to sleep away the terrible taste of this morning and wake up to a new day tomorrow. I hope it will have a more calm and positive beginning.

Nite all.  

  

No comments: