Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Any Minute

Tomorrow (Friday) is the day that Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour arrive!

We are ready!

Aside from one more small load, I have caught up with all the washing ... you know the things that you rarely use and they require some special kind of cleaning like hand washing or dry cleaning or separate washing or some pain the butt, time consuming cleaning ritual that you just keep putting off, so you leave it in the bottom of the basket for a year?

No?

It must be just me 🤪

Well, one more load and I will have a completely empty basket - for the first time in a long time.

In my mission to declutter the house, I still have to do the back room - which I call my ironing room - but in reality it is also a junk room, a storage room, a craft room and a 'just chuck it in there' room. I also have to declutter our bedroom and wardrobe.

I look forward to the day that it's done.

I made turkey meatballs for dinner with a chilli, ginger, tomato dipping sauce. I didn't make enough sauce and next time I'll add more chilli.

Adoring Husband returned all of his SES paraphernalia to the shed this evening.

It's now almost midnight. I need sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: