Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, February 8, 2019

They Beat Us

We knew that the flight was delayed and that the plane would land in The Bay at least 30 minutes late, so we left the house 30 minutes later than originally planned.

Long before we got to our destination, the plane, flying low in the sky, flew over our car and quickly disappeared as it landed at the airport.

Of course, as Murphy's law would have it, we got every red light and every slow vehicle and every line of traffic preventing us from making right turns - Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour had disembarked and were greeted by no-one. By the time we arrived, they were waiting for their luggage to come through the conveyor belt.

It was great to see their smiling faces, but these are the faces they gave me when I said "Show me how happy you are to be here!"


We lunched at Aquavue, I bought an amethyst rock and a citrine rock to put in my crystal bowl by the pool. We grocery shopped at Coles in Stocklands, made a stop at Dr Dans, I got a buddha from King Kong, we took a slight detour so that we could buy some pineapples from the truck on the back road, checked our mail before we finally headed home to face the psychotic dogs.

Ruby and Colli seemed to remember Bubbles and KISA very well, but Jack was suspicious and took a long time to settle. This is very unusual because he and Bubbles have been besties for 14 years. It was the end of the day before he decided they could be besties again.

After we unpacked the groceries, we all sat down together and opened our Christmas gifts, which was fun.

Of course the pool got a workout this afternoon and we spent about an hour under the shade of the umbrella, the girls floating and the boys sinking.

I cooked up a giant batch of crispy skinned chicken with potato chips for dinner. The kids had a bowl of raw carrot and snow peas before dinner was served. I made a big batch of fruit whip for dessert.

After dinner, we played a game of Twenty Questions. Bubbles won the first game and I won the second. It's a game that KISA gave us for Christmas and we love it! Good choice.

I'm working in the morning and it's already after 11.30pm so I'd best sign off and get to bed.

Nite all.  

No comments: