Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Torrentially Yours

My sister, Squirt, lives on Magnetic Island, which is 15kms from Townsville, which is where this horrendous weather event is occurring as we speak.

Between 31st January and the 2nd February she had emptied 950mm of rain from her gauge.

In the last 24 hours she has emptied 390mm from the gauge.

Townsville airport is now closed.

Townsville is about to be inundated with extra water that's being released from the dam and the flooding will worsen.

The area has been warned of possible tornados and Squirt tells me the winds are swirling and gusty sending the rain in all directions.

Boulders have fallen and landed on the winding roads on the island. The usually trickling waterfalls now have some power behind them and they are making thunderous sounds as the water gushes down the mountain. Roads have turned into rivers. Businesses have temporarily closed their doors.

Now it's a waiting game.

I'd be going stir crazy by now. No sunshine and relentless rain causing damage all around me. Ugh.

The first photo is of the street that leads to her street and the other is self explanatory.



Meanwhile, our Sunday included a few short sharp showers, but Adoring Husband and I still spent some time in the pool this afternoon, even through a light shower.

Our dinner was oven baked chicken pieces with sweet potato (thank you to The Garden Guru and The Brains Trust) and coleslaw. I made a delicious gravy with all the juices from the chicken. Dessert was the usual, but I coated the toffee nuts with melted chocolate. What a delicious feast that dessert was!

The remainder of my day was filled with photo editing, study, reading, washing clothes and TV.

It was quite enjoyable and a little, but not 'too' productive.

Did I announce yet that Adoring Husband has quit the SES? He is no longer an active member, so he has not only left the higher position that he recently took on, but he has left the organisation altogether.

He's now free to take on life as he sees fit. I hope he has a positive outlook and finds joy in the days to come. I hope he's excited about the possibilities.

His decision has my full support 👍

We've go this.

Nite all.

No comments: