Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 4, 2019

Surprisingly So

Even on the days when I think it's terribly quiet, after chatting with the other business owners, I discover and realise that we are doing comparatively well.

This is especially surprising, taking into consideration that we are a gift shop - so we are not selling necessities like the butcher, the baker or the supermarket.

Between the few customers that came through the door today, I did some dusting, rearranged the display on one table, posted on social media, created an event for the photography workshop and edited some photos.

The afternoon went very slowly.

Adoring Husband arrived just before 3pm to help me close the shop.

He had been very busy spring cleaning at home and earlier in the day, before I had even left for work, he had discovered what he called "an infestation" of "giant" red back spiders in the bottom of our pantry.

Translation: he found a couple of insects that were possibly spiders and maybe even red backs 🤪

I can imagine him sitting in his lounge chair reading this with steam coming out of his ears because I am doubting his red back infestation story 🤣🤣🤣

I'm just having a go.

He is arachnophobic, so it really was a big deal ... and the fact that he didn't come running into the bedroom asking for my assistance, means a lot!

The last time he found a spider in an unexpected place, he came running out of the bathroom naked and protecting his 'bits' either from my eyes or from the dangerous fangs of the spider in the shower recess and it was my job to be the hero and save him from that creature!

It was nice to come home to such a clean house today and I did a load of washing and then gave psychotic dog Ruby, a haircut.

Tempting though it was, we did not go for a swim today.

Chicken and vegetables - roasted sweet potato, pumpkin, capsicum and brussels sprouts for dinner. The usual dessert.

Now it's almost 11pm already!


Sleep time for me.

Nite all.

No comments: