Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Fun and Frivolity

My morning was a bit of a struggle I have to say.

My alarm went off at 6am but I kept hitting snooze ... for two hours!

Panic set in as I stepped into the shower and realised it was already well after 8am!

The weather was looking ominous and I knew that Adoring Husband would drive me to work, so that would give me a few extra minutes to get ready.

I was 'time efficient' and we pulled out of the driveway at 8.40am. He dropped me off to get my morning coffee while he took my very heavy bag to the shop and began opening up for me before I arrived.

Yes, I know. He is a good man.

The only hiccup for the morning was the number of ants at our front door. It seems that they had built a nest under the the metal strip in the doorway and there were tens of thousands of them swarming over the carpet and on the concrete out the front. It was like a horror movie!

I remembered that ants hate peppermint, so I grabbed the peppermint essential oil and sprinkled it where the ants were. Within 30 minutes all the ants were dead or gone. This afternoon when we picked up the doormat, there was a carpet of dead ants underneath it.

Success.

The girls began arriving at the shop for our coffee morning just as AH left.

It was a fun morning! A few extra snorts of laughter than usual and Lady Lynn attended for the first time in a few weeks which made it more special. It was almost 11.30am when the last of the ladies took her leave.

The last customer came through the doors at about 12.30pm and Woman of Many Talents came in to pay for her spot at the next Paint and Create workshop, but not another soul came near the place after that - except The Motivator who made a brief appearance.

I registered for all the gift fairs that we'll be attending in Sydney - just like me to leave it to the last minute!

I took a phone call from someone registering to attend my next photography workshop and another phone call to request a specific item in one of our orders while we are in Sydney and finally, a phone call confirming that we are donating to the Easter Fishing Classic this year.

AH arrived with coffee at 3pm and we closed the shop, bought some meat for dinner and drove home.

I got the washing off the line, hung out the washing that I'd put through the cycle this morning and then loaded the machine one more time.

I put together a fresh batch of coleslaw with my home made garlic mayonnaise. AH cooked the lamb chops on the barbecue and I made a light salad to go with them.

MKR and Married at First Sight got my attention tonight and now I'm ready for bed.


Swimming in the pool will be on my priority list tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be kind.

Nite all.

No comments: