Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, February 11, 2019

Catching Up

I saw The Gypsy for the first time in almost two weeks today.

So much has happened for both of us in that short period of time, we had a lot to catch up on, so there was a lot of fast chatter trying to fit as much information as possible into a short period of time.

At one stage there were nine potential customers wandering around the shop, but each of them left, one after the other, without purchasing a single thing and the remainder of the day saw minimal activity.

Bubbles had a treatment with The Gypsy at lunch time and then we got to spend a couple of hours together catching up, just the two of us, which was really nice.

At 3pm Adoring Husband came to drive Bubbles home because it was too hot to walk and he helped us close the shop. I pedalled home and it was even uncomfortable heat for me!

There was no question, I had to jump straight in the pool. I DID change out of my clothes and into bathers first, and I was joined by both Bubbles and Knight in Shining Armour.

Adoring Husband provided our beverages and it was after 5pm when I came inside to begin preparing  dinner, which wasn't too difficult.

I whipped up an avocado dip to have with some corn chips, then I baked some scalloped potato and sweet potato in duck fat in the oven. while AH cooked some steak and sausages on the barbecue. Oh and I made a quick tomato sauce.

Instead of playing games tonight, I am sitting here writing this blog post because I feel really tired and want to head to bed early.

Here are all the pieces from the paint pouring workshops on Saturday ...


... and it's good night from me.

Nite all.

No comments: