Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Who's a Winner?

All three psychotic dogs can swim - confidently. I’ve tested them all by taking them to the middle of the pool and releasing them. They are strong swimmers and they can swim to the edge of the pool. Their tiny legs are unable to get them up the step to climb out, but I guarantee that they will NEVER voluntarily jump in the pool. They will only go into the water if we pick them up and physically take them in.


The sad humans in my family - all very sensitive and obviously terrified that the dogs may sink rather than swim, cannot let them go and literally hold them high in the water (see the video) while the dogs pretend to paddle.

Anyway, today was a fun day with the family.

After coffee with the girls, the fam picked me up and we drove into The Bay to the bowling alley where we played two games.

Adoring Husband had put our old bowling gear in the car so we had our own shoes and ball. In another life (Sydney) we were League bowlers, but since we moved here, we've bowled four times in ten years. Three times in Maryborough and once in Bundaberg - usually when we have visitors.

Today, I was the winner and bowled better than when I was in the league. I can't be bothered going in search of the score sheet right now, but I think my first game was 149 and the second game was 164. It felt good.

From there we drove to the other end of town to the Breakout Room.

I was led to believe that the Breakout Room was situated in the Cinema Complex, but I was wrong. It was on the esplanade - past where the old Shark Museum used to be.

It was a really fun hour. It was a pirate related theme and sometimes we were absolutely hopeless, but at other times we were amazing! We easily worked our way through some of the clues but others we were way off the mark and struggled.

The game requires you to break out of the room inside an hour. The record stands at 41 minutes for this particular theme. Our host told us, at the end of the hour, that we still had another 10 or 15 minutes worth of clues remaining, so we weren't even close.

We were left marooned!


After a visit to Stocklands where we needed sustenance before doing some grocery 🛒 shopping, we had one more stop before home and that was at IGA on the main drag where we hoped to purchase some of the new gluten free Vegemite.

No luck, but while we were in there, Adoring Husband made a surprise visit to the florist next door and bought me a big bunch of colourful gerberas ...


Because we had a late lunch, we opted for a very light dinner and following my hour long phone call with Vegan Chickie, we four sat down to a game of Trivial Pursuit ... where once again ... I was the winner!!!


What a successful day for me!

Actually it was an all round successful day because we all had fun together and we fit such a LOT into the day.

I have to say that I am absolutely exhausted now and desperately need a good night's sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: