Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I Can See!!

Picked up my new glasses today!  Now I can see the 'hot' builders working across the road AND I can read the 'blah blah blah' study pages AND I can look at the river without squinting in the bright sunshine!

I now must purchase a new handbag, (oh what a shame) because I have to carry three glasses cases everywhere with me, along with all the usual paraphernalia!

One for the reading glasses, one for the distance glasses and one for the sunglasses. Oh the joys of being a woman getting older.

I also got the upgraded version of Photoshop.  Not a big fan of Photoshop, but it's required in my studies, so I don't have a big choice in the matter.  

It's also been suggested that I acquire some 'noise cancelling' headphones!  That would be for study purposes only of course ... unless Adoring Husband gets that verbal diarrhoea thing happening and they might come in handy for that too!  hehehe

Gotta share my new favourite photo of Chicklet with you today.  The photo was taken by Vegan Chickie while sharing some play time in the hammock one morning recently.



Little Chicklet is growing up so fast!  She's so happy and so cute!  This photo makes me smile every time I look at it :o) 

Well, I have a home made vegetarian pizza with my name on it, calling me to the dinner table right now ... made by the best pizza maker in my life ... the Bare-chested Chef!

Now I can even see what I'm eating!!

No comments: