Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 239 in a Year of my Life

My "good authority"on the full moon being spectacular this morning, wasn't so good after all.

Pitiful really.


I pedalled in the dark with my head and tail lights flashing, trying to find the best spot to watch the giant moon sink behind the horizon, but it wasn't giant at all.

I was lucky enough to stumble across a live video tutorial this morning, on a site called 'Creative Live' and I watched an expert edit a whole stack of wedding photos and create an album.

He was amazing and this was day three of a three day tutorial, so I just had to buy the first two days .. because I learned so much from day three!

His name is Yervant and this is his website ...

http://www.yervantphotography.com/

He has won many photography awards and is very famous in the photography world, although, I must admit, I had never heard of him until today!  Not that that means anything .. I am a very lazy photographer with little knowledge of others in the field.

I would like to change that.

I can't wait to watch the other two days of tutorial!

Meanwhile .. have I shared this before?  I know I've seen it before, but I can't remember if I posted it here.  Oh well, it's worth sharing again.


Today, I am grateful for my favourite sporting time of year!  Wimbledon.  State of Origin football.  The Ashes (soon).

Nite all.

No comments: