Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hello Wine (Halloween)

It was an early start for Halloween yesterday. I decorated the front garden ...


... and filled the witches hat with lollies.  I had tape across the pathway daring the children to enter and had the ghostly skeleton guarding the lollies.

The first kids began arriving at 5pm!



I believe we had approximately 50 children trick or treating. I had to fill the hat twice and luckily saved some lollies for Lady Lynn's grandchildren, who were the last of the kids to appear. I was really hoping to get a photo of them, but it was too dark by the time they arrived and the batteries in my flash are flat so that was the end of that idea! Bugger! Next year :)

I jumped on my trike and pedalled over to Sonny and Cher's for the big 70th birthday bash. It was well and truly pumping by the time I arrived.

Mum H was there, as were The Speckled Hen and Dirty Old Man. The Pool Guy and Mrs PG were there too. Mr and Mrs Builder were in attendance, along with Mr and Mrs Club. Seriously, half the town were there.

Cher got me a wine and then showed me where to get more if I wanted it and after a short chat with some of the locals, I set up the camera on the tripod and the different family members came and stood in position for their shots.




Afterwards I wandered around the party and took some happy snaps of the guests and of the cake and speeches and the gift opening.

The food was good - especially that deconstructed pavlova!! The music was my era and I think if people had been dancing I may have joined them, but there was no dancing to be had.

It was a much later night than I expected. I thought I would be home by 8.30 or 9pm but I think it was well after 11 when I pedalled home with Mum H right beside me.

Poor Adoring Husband had to make his own dinner.

Today has been quite hectic attempting to get everything organised before I leave tomorrow. A few loads of washing done. I finally 'unset' the table and put the new dinner sets in the cupboard - so the dining table is clear except for the gorgeous flowers that AH bought me on Friday.

I made up an extra batch of dog food for while I'm away. Baked a chicken for dinner tonight which we ate with fresh beans picked from the garden. AH can eat the leftovers tomorrow night when he gets back from the Sunny Coast.

We took down the Halloween decorations, AH finished building the new chook pen and I've packed everything but the kitchen sink! The car is going to be filled to the brim!

Unfortunately, I have done something to my neck and I can barely move. I have an idea that this injury occurred yesterday when I stepped into a hole while decorating for Halloween. I felt something jar across the top of my shoulders at the time, but I had no pain until this afternoon when I sat down for a break and suddenly felt this muscle cramp in my neck.

I don't think I've ever felt such pain! It's not a constant pain but it comes on suddenly and frequently. I've rubbed my neck with the oil that 'Beauty' left for me the other day, but it hasn't had any effect. I've used the electric massager, which also had no effect. I'm sitting with a neck cushion at the moment - it helps a little.

I hope that a good nights sleep will rest the muscle enough to heal it overnight. I may even need pain killers tonight! I will attempt to sleep without them, but if it continues to cramp even while I'm lying in bed, I'll have to try something!

This means that the sweet goodies that I was going to make for AH didn't get done and I'm a bit behind with my packing.

I need to sleep and get up early to get everything done.

*sigh* Why did this happen now??? Worst timing EVER!!

Nite all.

No comments: