Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Summer is well and truly upon us!

Holy crapoli it's hot!  The temperature in our lounge room at 7.30pm was 30C.  Not long after that I suggested to Adoring Husband that we turn on the air conditioner.

Adoring Husband bought a new column fan today, to replace the pedestal fan that we've been using.

Personally, I prefer a fan to the air conditioning and I was pleasantly surprised by how effective the new fan is.

It looks like a storage unit for CDs, so I was not expecting such a strong airflow and it also feels cooler than the other fan.

I do like the room temperature in our bedroom to be comfortable when I go to bed, or I struggle to go to sleep, so turning on the air conditioner for a couple of hours before bed time works well for me.

I got a couple of nice shots of one of the juvenile Pacific Bazas this morning...

Staring me down!

Airing out the wings.

Feeding on a stick insect.
I missed good shots of the adults feeding them, because people kept stopping to discuss the birds with me, which took my attention away from the job at hand.  I'll try again tomorrow.

It's been an uneventful day ... due to the heat.  Tomorrow will probably be similar.  Luckily the forecast is for cooler weather by the weekend.

I really don't like the heat.  Don't get me wrong.  I adore the sunshine, but not the heat that accompanies it in Summer.  Sunshine gives me positive energy, but too much heat drains it away.

Anyway, now that the house has cooled, I'm off to bed.

Nite all

No comments: