Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Oops! It's Raining Again!


********

Another rainy day.

I played with some old photos from last year.

A visitor on my back fence.
I love this goose standing on his tiptoes.
A Kingfisher poking around in the muddy river bank.
Two birds together shaped like a love heart :o)
Chaos down in Noosa with the kite surfers en masse.
A croc up near Rockhampton at the croc farm.
I was able to go for a quick ride this morning, but there was nothing of interest to photograph, and then the rain came... again!

I have thought of 70 photographs for my list of '100 things to photograph in 1001 days'.

The list needs to be challenging, but not too difficult and not too easy.  I also want the list complete by the end of the month so that I can start the challenge.

Today has not been the best of days for me.  I shed a few tears for my friend Di, who passed away in November.  I don't know why I'm thinking about her so much lately.

I'm feeling a bit upset with some people in my flickr group at the moment too, so that's playing on my mind.  Sometimes people are difficult to understand.  I'm sure it will all blow over soon and things will go back to normal.

Meanwhile, on these rainy days, I am enjoying both Grey's Anatomy AND the Australian Open Tennis.

My favourite, Lleyton Hewitt won his first round match tonight, and even though Samantha Stosur is out, there are a few Aussies still in with a chance.  I will follow them with interest over the next few days.

I have a birthday luncheon tomorrow, so I need to get some beauty sleep.

Nite all.

No comments: