Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Rained Out at Home

Our trip to the Reptile Park was postponed today because of rain.  It was pouring all morning, so we decided to postpone our field trip until we get a dry day.

Adoring Husband also had to postpone his Bundaberg golf trip which he had planned for tomorrow.

So no ride to the Seat of Knowledge.  No lap around town with the camera for photos.

Luckily, Adoring Husband suggested that we drive to the bakery to get our morning coffee.

We spent the day watching our Grey's Anatomy dvds.  We are already halfway through Season Six!  I am loving every second of the show, but will be eternally grateful that I won't ever have to attend this imaginary hospital as a patient!

Also luckily, I had some shots from Sunday morning left over to play with, so I have a couple to share on here today.



This is how our rainy weather started.  Sunday morning storm clouds building in the north.

Rain and storms are forecast for the next three days, so Adoring Husband and I might have to make another movie date.

There are three movies that I'm itching to see.

"The Descendant" with George Clooney.

"We Bought a Zoo" with Matt Damon.

"The Muppets" with the muppets!

There are no new ones in the next couple of weeks that I'm particularly interested in though.

I have morning tea with the girls tomorrow and then a birthday luncheon on Wednesday, so at least those things can't be ruined by the rain.

I do like to hear the sound of rain as I wake in the mornings and I also like to fall asleep to the sound of rain, so perhaps if I go climb into bed right now, that is exactly what will happen.

Nite all.

No comments: