Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Australian Open Tennis

It starts tomorrow!

Anybody who reads my blog regularly (I think there are about a dozen of you out there), know that I really really LOVE my tennis.

When I was a working girl, I always took a week off work for the second half of Wimbledon every year so that I could sit up all night watching the tennis.

I especially love the Grand Slams, because that's where you get to see the best of the best competing against each other.

I enjoy seeing the young ones playing in their first tournaments and then watching them improve and work their way up the rankings.

Of course I love to see the Aussies doing well in any sport, but especially in the tennis, because we have such a wonderful and successful history.

So tomorrow is the big day and our highest ranking Aussie male, Bernard Tomic (who was actually born in Germany and moved to Australia at age 3), is playing early tomorrow against a much higher ranked player from Spain, FernandoVerdasco.

On paper, Verdasco should win, but with the home ground advantage, Tomic is set to gain 'favourite' status.

I won't get to see the match tomorrow because Adoring Husband and I are heading to Childers to check out the Reptile Park and take some photos.

They have snakes, crocodiles, lizards and frogs with shows and guided tours throughout the day.  I'm looking forward to it and hoping to get some good shots to share on here.

This morning I got a few bird shots, but it was quite difficult because there were light showers every so often, which meant packing my camera away to keep it safe from dampness.

The baby Pacific Baza growing bigger and stronger every day.
What a Galah!  Very Aussie sitting in the gum tree.
Rainbow Lorikeet checking me out.
Noisy Miner was eating ants off the gum tree trunk.  If you look closely, you can see two ants on the trunk!
I haven't been back for the Wrens yet.  I should probably do it this week while we have the overcast conditions.  It's much easier to take the shots in the even light than when the sun is streaming through in different patches.

Sleep time for me now.  I am yawning uncontrollably!

Nite all.

No comments: