Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Photo-free Day

In lieu of photographs ... 


I was going to use the title 'Camera-free Day', but I actually carried my camera with me all day today.  I didn't use it, but I carried it with me.

I didn't take any photos with my camera at all.

There were a couple of sneaky happy snaps taken with my iphone, but they didn't turn out so good and can't really be counted.

I took my first bus ride into The Bay since the dreaded Maryborough incident.

You'll be pleased to know that I reached my desired destination without taking any unnecessary detours!

Of course, my desired destination was Vegan Chickie's 'Island of Calm' with Chicklet on my lap.

We played for a while and then we both had a short nap and then we met Adoring Husband after he finished golf and we got some fish and chips and sat in the shade on the grass near the beach, for lunch.

The weather was mild and we played catchy with the new red ball and she ate sticks and leaves and lemon (one of her favourites!).

She's still as cute as a button and when Vegan Chickie blew bubbles, she said the word 'bubble'!  That was pretty exciting!  She's growing up so fast!

There has been a soft steady rain falling all night and the temperature has dropped considerably, so it's a lovely mild night, and tomorrow should be cool and comfortable.

It'd be great if the rain stopped by tomorrow morning though, because I have some catching up to do with my camera!

I think there may be some Wrens with my name on them, waiting for me in the scrub :D

Nite all.

No comments: