Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Next Challenge is ....

Adoring Husband and I went to the movies today and thankfully,  we remembered our movie passes this time :D

We saw 'Sherlock Holmes:  A Game of Shadows'.  I enjoyed the movie, only because Robert Downey Jnr was in it.  Some of the effects were pretty impressive, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are a fan.  It was long - 2 hours and 25 mins - and dark.

The best part of today was was having a visit with Chicklet and having coffee with Vegan Chickie before the movie.

I received a Christmas parcel from BGWLBH today.  It was full of blingy jewellery and we all know how I lurve blingy jewellery!!  Lots of fabulous dress rings and a beautiful turquoise cross pendant, bigger than an egg, with silver wrapped around it.  A photo shows it better than I can describe it...


She also sent me the Masterchef recipe book, which I can't wait to try, although, some of the recipes are a bit complicated and time consuming and I think Adoring Husband is better with those types of recipes, so I might mark a couple of them and have him take up the Masterchef position in the kitchen :D

BGWLBH also had a BRILLIANT idea for her birthday this year, which I am very excited about!  Just let me say that it involves photography **insert smiley face here** and my brain is working overtime making plans.

 The new photography group challenge has been set for January.  The theme is 'Black & White'.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet for that one.

A couple of random people shots from the beach yesterday afternoon ...




I plan on heading out bright and early tomorrow morning to try to find that little Red-backed Fairy Wren again, so I'd best get to bed .. it's after midnight already!

Nite all.

No comments: