Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Fabulous Day!

You know, one of those days where everything falls into place the way you want it.  From the minute I awoke, the mood was right, the timing was right, my body felt good and everything went according to plan.

I awoke well before the alarm sounded and even though Adoring Husband had golf early today, I was able to access the bathroom immediately (a miracle in itself on a golf day), so I was dressed and only requiring make-up by the time he left just after 6.30am.

By the time I applied my make-up, packed my 'visiting Chicklet' bag, called the Psychotic Dogs inside, closed all the windows, blinds and doors, it was 7.10am.

This gave me enough time to comfortably pedal down to the bakery for coffee, spend ten minutes with the boys at the Seat of Knowledge and pedal home to park my trike and walk to the bus stop.

The bus arrived five minutes early and after a very pleasant drive, arrived in The Bay a couple of minutes early, which meant that I made the early connection for the bus that takes me to Chicklet!  That NEVER happens!  I usually have to wait an hour for the next bus to arrive.

When I arrived at my stop near Chicklet's house, I went to that bakery for another coffee and then walked the short distance to the pier where I took a couple of photos and just took a moment for myself.

Right at this moment, the clouds were kind, as were those little waves and the scattering of seagulls.
Next was Chicklet time!  Typically, I didn't take any photos of my little Sweetie Possum, because once again I was mesmerised by her.

I spend my time staring at her and taking every movement and every sound in.  This is such a magical time and sadly, in the very near future, they will be moving away and I am going to lose the regular contact (gosh, that just gave me a tear in the eye) :'(

So we had some lovely play time and then she had a quick nap.  Much sooner than expected, Adoring Husband was finished golf and we were all sitting on the grass in the shade near the beach eating fish and chips for lunch.

Little Chicklet is having a lovely time crawling, and with much enthusiasm, pulling herself to standing position against tables, chairs and people.  You can also see her frustration because she doesn't have as much control over her body as she wants!

We said our goodbyes and Adoring Husband and I stopped at the supermarket to get meat for the barbecue that we had been invited to for the afternoon.

He dropped me off and then found a park, which was pretty darned lucky considering he had the trailer with the golf buggy!

I walked inside and was served immediately, ran into friends and chatted for two minutes and then was back in the car, all in less than ten minutes.

We drove home and had enough time to do everything that we needed, before driving to the barbecue.

This is where all my boys from the Seat of Knowledge were already seated, drink in hand and giving cheek.  It was a really nice afternoon.  The food was delicious, the company was enjoyable, the weather was perfect and the hospitality was wonderful.

Gentleman Jim even brought along his harmonica and played a few tunes.  I was shocked and amazed at how good he was!  Such a pleasant way to end the barby.

He was sitting under a dark tarpaulin, so I had to lift my ISO which has consequently made the shot very grainy.
We said our thankyous and goodbyes and arrived home in time to catch the beginning of Lleyton Hewitt's tennis match against the young Canadian.

Best of all ... to top off a fabulous day ... Lleyton won his match!!  Unexpected and exciting!

From beginning to end ... a fabulous day!  


No comments: