Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 20, 2012

A Bit of Fun

My first photo of the day was at the Seat of Knowledge and as I was trying to set my camera ready to take a shot of the Whistling Kite (if it should appear), I took a test shot of Molly the dog.

Unfortunately, Molly was sitting in the shade with bright sunlight filtering through the branches of the tree above her, and it's very difficult to get the exposure correct when you have such extreme light conditions.  So ...


She had a bright ray of sunshine directly on top of her head, so I covered it with a cartoon hat.  The background, which was the boat ramp, in bright sunlight and with a boat backing down at the time, was very bright and harsh, so I partially covered it with a vignette and filled the space with Molly's name.

Her leash looks a little bit like a tie, so the hat and tie make her look a bit 'formal'.  I also like how she is leaning against her master's fat belly.  She almost looks comforted by it.

You may have determined, by this silliness, that I didn't have a very successful day with my camera.  You would be correct.

I was rushed this morning because I had an appointment with a friend to do a photo shoot at her place, but when I arrived, her plans had changed, so she gave me the props that I was to photograph, to take home with me.

Unfortunately, I had another appointment after that with another friend, so I brought the props safely home, and then headed off again.

So my photographic opportunities were scarce and I spent the afternoon glued to the television watching the tennis.

Bernard Tomic and Lleyton Hewitt are both still alive in the draw, but they are the only Australians left and Tomic has to play Roger Federer on Sunday.  I don't like his chances, but he is young, enthusiastic and has the crowd on his side, so you never know your luck on the day!

Lleyton Hewitt has an ATP ranking of 182 and he will be playing a young Canadian with a ranking of 25!  That will be an interesting match.  Lleyton has experience and the crowd on his side, but the Canadian is a shooting star and in a year has jumped more than 120 points in his rankings.

I'll be enjoying both matches anyway, and cheering the Aussies on from my couch!

Tomorrow is Vegan Chickie and Chicklet day, so I'm off to bed for some much needed beauty sleep.

Nite all

 

No comments: