Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 109 in a Year of my Life

Happy Birthday No 2 little Miss Chicklet!

I was sure it would be an early start to the day, so I jumped out of bed just after 5am, had a shower and made myself presentable for the day.

Then I waited.

I waited some more.

Finally!  At 7.15am little Chicklet decided it was time to rise and shine!

I heard her voice so I left the room with my camera and waited at the bottom of the stairs, ready to get a photo of her face when she saw the balloons.


She couldn't stop talking ... Hullo Bozzy Wozzy!  Oh balloons!  Pop Pop Pop It's a party.  Happy birthday to you.  More balloons!  Oh a little birthday friend!  Pop Pop  Birthday party!  Look at the balloons!  Pop Pop  More birthday friends!  Balloons!  Pop Pop  Happy birthday!  Look Mama!  Look Dadoo!  It's a party!

She was beside herself with excitement and I think by the time she was composed enough to come all the way down the stairs, we all had a tear in our eye.  We were overwhelmed by her contagious excitement.





We took it slowly, so as not to overwhelm her too much.  She opened the presents in her own good time and spent most of the first half an hour discovering all the birthday paraphernalia in the room.

The balloons under the stairs.  The balloons and streamers hanging from the fan and the ceiling rafter.  Her toys on the couch all wearing party hats to celebrate her birthday.  The birthday presents on the coffee table.

The brightly coloured little fluffy balls with eyes that we placed strategically around the room for her to find.  She squealed with delight and called them her "Special birthday friends".

Then we had a special rainbow breakfast ...



The popcorn was her favourite part of that breakfast.

The rest of the day was happy and fun and all about Chicklet.  I think she had a fabulous day.








I'm so pleased that I made the trip down ... not that I ever had any intention of missing it, but that tornado sure came close to putting a spanner in the works!

She is as precious as can be and I love her to pieces.

I am absolutely exhausted after blowing up over 100 balloons and blowing thousands of bubbles today.

Vegan Chickie and the Bare-chested Chef are also exhausted after all the cooking and decorating and creating the perfect birthday for their precious daughter.  I think she felt pretty special!

So now I'm off to bed.  I'll only have a few hours with my little Chicklet before I leave for home tomorrow.

As long as the weather holds out, Adoring Husband and I will be savouring a fresh seafood platter by the water and watching the sun set for Valentines Day tomorrow evening.

Nite all.

No comments: