Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 110 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband does a good Valentines Day!

He was waiting for me at the train station when I arrived home today.  It's a 20 minute drive home from where the train stops.

Waiting for me on the kitchen bench, were a dozen long stemmed red roses.  Absolutely beautiful.  This photo was taken with my mobile phone.


While I relaxed on the couch, Adoring Husband loaded up the car and then we headed off to the river.

After I chose which picnic table we would sit at, he sent me off for a walk for ten minutes while he prepared everything.

I returned to find this ...


We ate a delicious fresh seafood platter that Adoring Husband prepared himself, loaded with sand crab, mud crab and king prawns, along with a home made seafood sauce.

He also prepared a nibble platter of cheeses, stuffed peppers, pickled artichoke hearts, crackers and dip.

He cooked up some crumbed calamari, crumbed whiting and prawn cutlets, all made with gluten free bread crumbs.

A quirky new wine glass with his personal message written on the front topped off the amazing presentation.

We ate til our bellies were full and then sat on the seat at the end of the park to watch the sun set.


Such a lovely relaxing Valentines Day.  Everything that I'd hoped for.

Today I am grateful for the effort that Adoring Husband went to for this Valentines Day.  I know that he has been feeling stressed and pressured after the tornado disaster, so I know how much extra effort it took to put this together.

Thank you my darling.  I love you xxx

Nite all.  

No comments: