Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 138 in a Year of my Life

Adoring Husband has been interviewed by the local Channel 7 News, twice in the space of 4 weeks.

A split second of the footage from his story, is now a permanent fixture on the ad for our local news.  His fifteen minutes of fame has become epic!

Since the tornado, he has also joined the local SES, so he's had lots of paperwork to complete and is now doing something constructive and community based with some of his free time.

I feel proud of him for making that decision and taking the necessary steps to get to this point.  I think it's a good way for him to meet new people and to do something positive and fresh after such a horrible start to the year with his Parkinsons diagnosis and then the tornado.

Today, we awoke to a completely cloud free sky, for the first time since mid January.

It was a glorious day with blue sky and sunshine, a slight breeze (instead of the gale force winds we've experienced for the last 2 months) and the local wildlife were out in force.

Unfortunately, I wasn't quite on the ball and missed a fabulous opportunity this morning.

I was on the beach with my camera for about 20 minutes or more, trying to capture the sunlight dancing on the waves that were crashing on the shore (crashing waves is an unusual phenomenon for our area any time!), and when I was satisfied, I rode further along the path to the southern end.

I surveyed the area and looked back toward where I had just come from and saw, to my dismay, the huge White Breasted Sea Eagle, fighting with the Whistling Kite, above the water where a Shag was attempting to eat a shiny silvery fish.

All three birds wanted the fish and the Whistling Kite was bombing the White Breasted Eagle to keep him from getting it.

I jumped back on my trike and pedalled for all my worth back to other beach, but the White Eagle had left the area.

The Whistling Kite took a couple of unsuccessful swoops on the Shag while I was watching, but the photos aren't worth sharing.

Very disappointing.

I did find a Pale-headed Rosella in the park.


There were all types of ducks and birdlife on the lagoon early this morning, but I was too heavy footed and scared them all to the other end of the lagoon, so all I can offer, is a lily.


And that's the story of my day.

Today, I am grateful for blue skies and sunshine.  Everybody's spirits are lifted as we soak up the sun's rays and all that healthy vitamin D.

Nite all.    

 

No comments: