Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Day 136 in a Year of my Life

So, Adoring Husband has been very busy, and has been conscientiously emptying all of the cupboards that line the walls of the garage, and clearing the area in preparation for the repairs on the house.

You know what it's like when you go through cupboards and drawers that you haven't been near for a couple of years?  (I often question why we need to keep half of the things in the cupboard if we haven't used them for a couple of years!)

Well, Adoring Husband found these photos.  They were taken 9 years ago when we went on our first holiday together.  A road trip to Rockhampton to visit my mother for her birthday.  On the way home, we stopped at Australia Zoo and shouted ourselves a cuddle with some tiger cubs.





We've all changed so much in nine years!

Today, I am grateful for cupboards that haven't been opened in a couple of years.  The cupboards that hold treasures and that make you feel like it's Christmas when you find them.  The cupboards whose treasures bring back such fantastic memories and plant a smile on your dial.

We have quite a few of them!

Nite all.

No comments: