Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 307 in a Year of my Life

Father's Day is very busy down this neck of the woods!

All along the esplanade, between the road and the water, there is well maintained lawn, trees and gardens.  A few random bench seats.  A few random picnic tables.

Today, just about all the available shaded spaces on the lawns were filled with families celebrating Father's Day.

Portable folding chairs as far as the eye could see.  Blankets lay on the ground, in the middle of circles of chairs with food a drink spread across for Father's Day picnics.

Kids were running, skating, cycling, skateboarding, scooting, kayaking and swimming all along the water's edge.  Pets were happily playing and running alongside them.

There were sand castles being built, kids climbing trees, photos being taken, laughter ringing out and children squealing, mostly with delight.

Such a nice atmosphere.  It reminded me of my town at Easter, with the big fishing competition on.

Chicklet and I spent an hour walking along the waterfront and taking in the sights and sounds today.

We had a great day together, while Mama and Dadoo took a break and enjoyed some time together over lunch and a movie.

This is a photo that I took of Chicklet yesterday to put in the flickr challenge for a portrait showing 'joy/delight'


I'll try for some more shots tomorrow.   She doesn't like the camera much, so it's hard going, trying to get her to look 'at' the camera, let alone 'smile'!

Today I'm grateful for the new game, created by Chicklet, which she so aptly named 'dinosaurs stomping into the lagoon at great speed'.  This involves dropping every one of her 50-odd dinosaurs down my shirt while chanting 'dinosaurs stomping into the lagoon at great speed!'.  Thank goodness I wear loose fitting tops!

Nite all.

2 comments:

❦❧Judi❦❧ said...

Ha ha ha. The game sounds like fun! That is a most beautiful photo of your beautiful little granddaughter Roz. Absolutely beautiful.

Age said...

Thanks Judi. She really is a delight and an amazing little person. Love her to pieces.