Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Birthday Number Three

It's been a full, happy, and tiring day!

Starting bright and early when the birthday girl climbed out of bed to find her surprise Sea Creature lounge room awaiting her arrival.

She loved all the balloons, and it didn't take long to figure out that it was easier to wade through them, rather than step over them!

Finding all the hidden little sea creatures was definitely a highlight.

Adding to her collection of Octonauts also brought a big smile to her face.

Phone calls from special friends and family was fun too.

The traditional breakfast rainbow platter went down a treat.


Then it was full-on private party time!  Not a 'still' moment to be had.  So much to do.  So much to see.  So many things to play with.  So many new friends to talk to.  Delicious food and cake.






At the end of the day, a relaxing shower and some story time with Bozzy Wozzy, then off to bed.


Another very special birthday done and dusted.  I have loved every minute of this week, even with all of it's ups and downs .. a bit of a roller coaster .. but the love is ALWAYS there.

Oh!  Another highlight of the day was taking possession of a new car!!



Chicklet has named it GUP D (for those of you ignorant of important information - a GUP is what Octonauts use for transportation).

It's now time for me to collapse into a deep sleep.

Nite all.  

No comments: