Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Big Day In

What a wonderfully sound sleep I had last night and then woke to the sound of steady rain on the roof.  It was almost 8am when I opened my eyes!

I received a lovely happy greeting from my little Chicklet as I walked down the staircase as well, so it was a perfect start to the day.

The landlord will be doing one of his regular inspections here this Tuesday, so Vegan Chickie, The Bare-chested Chef and I chose which areas of the unit we wanted to clean and rolled up our sleeves for cleaning duty today.

After a few hours of cleaning and then a few hours of heavy duty playing, my joints and muscles are beginning to seize up, so hopefully I can sleep soundly again tonight and allow my poor old body to rejuvenate ready for another big day of Chicklet play tomorrow.

Here's one of the few front view photos I got of Chicklet yesterday .. mostly I got photos of her back as she raced off to see the next sea creature!!


Loving my time with her and the family :)

Nite all.


No comments: