Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Bozzy Wozzy Returns

After an uneventful, but less than comfortable journey on the train, I arrived at the Cooroy train station to the beautiful sight and sound of my little Chicklet, with a smile in her voice calling "Bozzy Wozzy!  You're here!  I'm so excited!"

She makes my heart sing!

She knows that there is always a surprise in my suitcase for her, so when we arrived home, we opened the outside zipper to find some "Octonauts", which have taken over from dinosaurs as her favourite toys, at the moment.

We played Octonauts while Mama and Dadoo went shopping and had a peaceful breakfast date together.

After the regulation afternoon nap, we all headed off to 'Underwater World', which has been revamped since I was there last!

It was a great afternoon, until we began to drive home and I realised that I didn't have my camera!!

What a heart stopping moment THAT was! (as I'm sure it is for Adoring Husband as he reads this!)

We did a quick u-turn and headed back to Underwater World, while Vegan Chickie got on the phone to them, so that they could begin the search.

Luckily, it was exactly where I thought it would be.

Earlier in the afternoon, when we had arrived, their official photographer took a photo of the four of us together.  Then, just before the exit, there is a wall showcasing the photos, and a counter area to pay for it.  Well, I had stopped to buy the photo, and had placed my camera on the counter, but forgot to pick it up again, as we left!

Fortunately, the girls had found it and placed it behind the counter.  Whew!

I can't begin to describe that panicked feeling when I realised I'd left it behind.  The adrenalin was pumping, but I felt like my heart had stopped beating.  I couldn't breathe properly, the car couldn't drive fast enough and the my legs couldn't carry me fast enough to that counter.

Oh the relief when the young girl said "Yes" and reached behind the counter to pick it up and hand it to me!  I could have hugged her.  I SHOULD have hugged her!

Here is my little Chicklet after she called "Follow me everyone!"


This was my favourite thing at Underwater World today ...


This is my amazingly talented son-in-law, the Bare-chested Chef, creating a masterpiece...


... and that was my day!

Now I need sleep, so that I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed for Chicklet fun tomorrow!

Nite all.



No comments: